Arleen Garza joined Whitney Sewell, host of The Real Estate Syndication Show, to discuss how being vertically integrated has proven to be an important factor in being successful during COVID-19.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn about Arleen’s transition from the corporate world to full-time real estate investing.
- Arleen and her husband’s first deal and some of the lessons they learned from it.
- Arleen’s main reasons for bringing the property management back in-house.
- Tips for moving from third-party management to in-house management.
- The importance of finding a distinct skillset from your partner’s.
- Why Arleen wishes they had automated their systems and developed KPIs sooner.
- Some of the key KPIs that Reep tracks and how they collect data for them.
- How being vertically integrated has helped Reep get through the pandemic more smoothly.
- The importance of open lines of communication with employees and residents during the pandemic.
- Components of building a great company culture, according to Arleen.
- The hardest part of syndication for Arleen, a recent business improvement, and finding new investors.
- Find out the biggest contributor to Arleen’s success and how she likes to give back.